Membership of the NTTA
Membership of the National Trailer and Towing Association is open to companies and organisations involved in the light trailer and towing industry.
Such organisations include:
- Trailer Dealers and Hirers
- Trailer Manufacturers
- Towbar Manufacturers
- Towbar Fitters
- Manufacturers of Portable Equipment (e.g. Compressors, Generators, Pumps etc.)
- Component and Accessory Manufacturers and Suppliers
- User Groups
- Everyone whose Business is Trailers & Towing.
Why you should join the NTTA
The NTTA is an association that promotes safe and legal towing. We are the voice of the light towing and trailer industry and being part of the NTTA means that you have representation at SMMT, TUG, DfT, BSI, NTWG, Towing Forums and Government meetings. We provide advice on technical matters, the law and other trailer and towing related subjects. We also offer a number of benefits including:
- Access to a 24/7 Business Support Helpline
- A Business Essentials Package
- Credit/debit card processing partner
- Specialist business insurance
- Debt recovery partner
- Purchased trailer insurance
- Trailer finance provider
- Help and support from like-minded people and businesses
- Your subscription also includes automatic entry to the Buyers Guide on our website, and increasingly consulted source of the best suppliers in the towing industry!
And discounts from:
- A tool manufacturer and supplier
- A company specialising in tracking devices
- Fire and Security
- Social Media services
- First Aid Training providers
- Vehicle Brokers
- Supplier of number plates
- Supplier of automotive parts
- Corporate uniform and work clothing supplier
- Discount on industry relevant training courses
What is required to join the NTTA
The NTTA has been striving for nearly 40 years to improve safety and standards in the towing and trailer industry and as such we require all our eligible members (those fitting towbars and servicing trailers) to attain an independently assessed quality secured standard (QS) within the first year of joining the NTTA. The QS assessment costs £330.00 per year and is an additional cost to your annual membership fee.
All NTTA QS eligible members are visited at least once a year and receive a thorough assessment by an independent assessor. The assessment looks at a number of different aspects of your company including customer service, documentation, workshop equipment and practice, customer complaints procedure, staff knowledge, training, and other criteria. Successful completion of the criteria allows your company to be awarded your annual Quality Secured accreditation. You will be sent the QS pack on joining the NTTA and be contacted by our assessor to answer any queries you may have.
Below are some of the benefits that will be delivered to Quality Secured members:
- A certificate of accreditation, banner, and signage for your premises.
- You will be able to join the NTTA Trailer Safety Scheme, working alongside the Police and Highways England to highlight and promote trailer safety, raising public awareness of the importance of getting their trailers serviced
- Direct customer referrals from user groups e.g. Camping and Caravanning Club, the Caravan and Motorhome Club, National Utilities, Local Authorities, Specialist Groups etc and from the NTTA’s user training programmes.
- Effective 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – national promotion through the NTTA website (which receives approximately 40,000 visits per month) directing customers to Quality Secured members.
- A reliable knowledge base, information pooling, networking and technical backup.
- Clear guidance on standards and quality issues
- Support for improvement guidance and appraisal from respected assessors
- A workable complaints and arbitration procedure
- The “Get a Towbar Quote” and “Trailer/Caravan Service Quote” Module systems on the website. Whenever a member of the public enters their details on the site, an enquiry email is automatically sent to the 5 geographically nearest QS Members.
To receive an emailed copy of the information pack click the button below:
Request further information!
Or to go straight ahead and join now please click the button below:
Join the NTTA Today!